Monday, June 6, 2011

THE ADOPTEE RIGHTS COALITION




If you don't already know, The Adoptee Rights Coalition supports legislation that will give all adopted adults unconditional restored access to their own birth certificates.

 Please visit their latest blog post to find a link to your legislator and a sample letter if you need help composing one.  The post has a lot of other interesting info regarding equal rights for everyone to receive their original birth certificates.

If you have followed my blog, you know that I was NEVER promised anonymity, nor did I ever want it!  Quite the opposite in my case ~ I was told that if I ever searched for my son I would be breaking the law, no matter how old he was.  Another mother who gave up a child from the very same adoption agency just 3 weeks before me was told that her daughter would receive all the info necessary to find her when she turned 18.  Both cases were blatant lies. 

Mothers of adoption loss are not the reason the birth certificates are sealed!

I am going to go write my letters now ~ will you?


Susie

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Yes! Yes! I try to write whenever a new opportunity comes up.

    I wasn't promised anonymity either. Nor was I aware that his OBC would even be locked away.

    It's a lie, using us First Moms. It's nothing but a cover up for those to afraid to admit the truth.

    ReplyDelete