A Few Of The Things That Drive Me Crazy
The word "birthmother". For many reasons, most of all when
- used by pap's or ap's as a possessive term. Ex: "Our birthmom". Excuse me ~ the mother gave birth to your child, not to you. She cannot be your birthmom!
- When shortened to bm. A mother is not poo. A bm is a bowel movement folks!
When the adoptee is described as being a "gift".
- I did not and would not give my son as a gift to strangers I had never met. Rather I was giving him the gift of two parents. (Yes, I know now... but at the time that's what I believed was right.)
- Especially when used as "a gift from God". This is true, a gift to the mother and father the infant was created by. God doesn't make mistakes and put an infant in "the wrong tummy"!
Adoptive parents who
- do not understand that love multiplies ~ it doesn't have to be divided.
- do not listen and learn from adoptees who have lived the life and have much to teach.
Mothers considering adoption being treated as saints,
- until the papers are signed, then they become dangerous strangers who must be watched and censored around their own children.
- until they decide to parent their child, they are suddenly misfits unworthy of raising a child.
Prospective adoptive parents who
- claim that God has a hand in their adoption desires.
- stalk expectant teen mothers on forums for moms.
I'm having trouble finding things to write about, and it's only the 8th day. I have a lot I'd like to say, but am having a hard time getting it out without being too angry or too pathetically sad right now.
So dear readers - any ideas? Do you have any questions you would like to ask me? Any lurkers out there who would like to write a guest post to either introduce yourself or a blog post with your thoughts about adoption awareness? Send me a message at findingchristopher at gmail dot com.